Small storage units come in handy for a wide variety of situations. Whether you need a self storage unit to meet your business storage needs, or to keep clutter at bay while your house is on the market, it doesn’t have to be a place you rarely visit.
On the contrary, with a few helpful tips on how to organize your storage unit, you’ll have no regrets when you can easily find an item you want to retrieve.
4 Organizing tips if you are renting small storage units for personal belongings
Large storage units are ideal for moving and storing business equipment. However, if you have a 5X5, 5X10, 10X10 or a similar sized storage unit, you can think of organizing it like you would a large walk-in closet or small bedroom.
- Incorporate a shelving unit on one wall
- Store items in clear plastic bins so they are easy to see and retrieve
- Use a rolling garment rack (available at Target, Home Depot, and Amazon) to hang clothes so they are easy to see and stay wrinkle free
- Rolling clothes racks and mobile wire shelving can easily be moved in and out of your unit making access to the other items you have stored much easier
4 Organizing tips if you are renting small storage units for your business
Small storage units are also popular with entrepreneurs, photographers, students, and pharmaceutical representatives as well as medical and law professionals. As a business expense, they can also serve as a tax write-off for some (although be sure to check with your tax advisor).
- Incorporate sturdy shelving around the perimeter of your unit
- Consider mobile wire rack shelving to create a more flexible storage solution
- Store files, binders, and other supplies you’ll need to access in clearly labeled filing cabinets to keep them organized
- Store items you won’t need to access often such as tax records and archived files in sturdy moving boxes on the back wall of your unit
While choosing the right storage facility is important, organizing your storage unit efficiently will help you create a more economical storage solution.
Storage units are immensely helpful during a move, but 5X5 mini storage can be a practical way to declutter or reorganize your business and home. Imagine moving the most cluttered part of your house or business into an organized, easy to access, and secure storage facility.
Our friendly and helpful storage pros will assist you in selecting the right-sized unit to customize your storage solution. Many Metro locations come with options for climate control, drive-up access, indoor storage, heated storage, and more. As an early pioneer of self storage, Metro Self Storage stands out from the crowd of storage providers.
We set the bar high to define outstanding customer service in our industry. At Metro Self Storage, we continuously find innovative ways to bring you the best storage experience possible.
Metro Self Storage offers conveniently located storage facilities with a wide selection of competitively priced storage solutions.