New base assignments and tours of duty often require active military members to move frequently. For military personnel stationed in Texas, Fort Worth provides a lower cost of living than bases located near more expensive cities. If you’re moving to a high cost of living assignment, renting a Fort Worth storage is probably going to be cheaper per square foot than the home you’ll be moving to.
The Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base employes 10,000 active duty troops including Guardsmen, Reservists, and civilian employees. Renting a Fort Worth storage unit with Metro Self Storage can make moving easier by keeping valuable possessions safe and secure even when you’re stationed halfway across the world.
Moving is Part of Military Life
Military personnel often need to relocate far away from their current home on short notice. There are more than 1.3 million active military members in the United States who are stationed around the world at various bases. As a result, active military members rent the majority of available storage units located in facilities near U. S. military bases.
When moving overseas, soldiers and their families have the option of storing their items in a Fort Worth storage unit, a safe and economically viable option during deployments or relocations.
Metro Self Storage offers military personnel the convenience of online payment option including autopay, so it is one less thing they have to worry about while on assignment. We find that duration for military storage can range from two to nine months or longer.
And like so many types of life transitions, storage timeframes for individuals can change at a moment’s notice.
What Military Families Need to Know About Long-Term Storage
Storage units come in a wide range of size configurations and are a safe and reliable choice for keeping your items over an extended period of time. Metro Self Storage facilities require tenants to ensure their items. This way, in the unlikely event they get damaged while in storage, you’ll be protected. When it comes time to decide what to store, donate, or sell, a cost versus benefits analysis might help reduce the amount of storage space you need.
Keep in mind, it’s natural to form a bond to the things we own. Some items may hold sentimental value, and others are things we use on a daily basis. Then, there are an awful lot of things we don’t need on a daily or seasonal basis and may not be all that special at the end of the day.
These are all reasons why downsizing your possessions makes sense before you move your belongings into a storage unit. Why? Your things might depreciate. For example, electronics and furniture lose their original value over time.
Consider selling these types of items before you leave and while they still hold monetary value because they aren’t outdated. Also, if you are storing long term, remember to utilize high-quality packing materials and to load your storage unit properly to prevent unnecessary damage.
Long-Term Storage is Ideal for Deployment Overseas
More often than not, an overseas move involves downsizing to some degree. There is also the issue of different types of electrical outlets, weapons laws, and other obstacles that can make some of your stuff illegal or unusable. Utilizing a long-term storage facility will allow you the luxury to keep things that you can’t use now, but you plan to use later.
Moving abroad can be an exciting time. But then again, moving is stressful enough when you’re moving locally. Utilizing a long-term Fort Worth storage unit is a good option for military families who are moving into a smaller home—or downsizing—at their next location in another country.
This way military personnel can hang onto the things that matter most such as keepsakes and other valuable items. Renting a storage unit short-term offers a quick solution to store items until you decide what to do with them.
Quick Packing Tips for Fort Worth, TX Military Families
For Fort Worth military families facing a move, choosing to use long-term storage is an easy decision. While our onsite Property Managers can offer customized tips for your situation, here are some quick packing tips to keep in mind:
- Pack with care. Whether you hire professional movers or are organizing a DIY move, pack moving boxes with plenty of filling to cushion your items. For items going into one of our Fort Worth storage units, the same packing principles apply. We’re happy to give additional tips at our facilities about how to organize large storage units.
- Don’t use plastic bags to pack. In high humid states like Texas, we strongly discourage wrapping things in plastic, which will help trap humidity that can lead to mold or mildew growth. Instead, we suggest moving supplies including furniture covers, peanuts, and other materials designed to protect your items and allow air to circulate.
- Disassemble furniture. Unless you bought it at Ikea, of course. Consolidating your stuff in a smaller unit will reduce storage costs and save money. If possible, break down bed frames, cribs, and tables to reduce the amount of space they take up in your storage unit.
- Label your boxes accurately. Labeling the contents of your moving boxes before storing them will save you so much time when it comes to unpacking. Not only will it be much simpler to unpack when you’re ready to retrieve your household goods, but it will also be easier to find things should you ever need to retrieve something specific from your storage unit.
- Cover furniture. Professional movers that work closely with our storage facilities advise storage customers to “completely cover upholstered furniture with furniture covers (you can buy these affordable prices at all Metro Self Storage locations throughout the Dallas Fort Worth Metro).
We Offer Friendly Forth Worth Storage Solution for Military Members and Families
For many people and families serving our country, moving is part of military life. In fact, military personnel move 2.5 times more often than civilian families. Each branch of the military has special departments to assist with deployment and moving. However, there are more than 900 bases in 150 countries worldwide.
With flexible month-to-month leasing and a user-friendly self-storage website, military customers can easily rent, manage, and pay storage rental fees online from anywhere in the world. “Metro Self Storage can accommodate either an individual airman or an entire family’s storage needs,” says Metro’s Fort Worth Property Manager.
“Whether stationed here locally, or deployed around the world, your goods are in perfect hands, and the professional staff is always happy to assist you,” he adds.
Convenient hours of operations allow you to call or come by whenever it is suitable for you. Furthermore, several options for payment include online, phone, mail, or just walking in.
Metro’s Fort Worth storage facility offers a great selection of storage unit sizes and options. “Our state-of-the-art security system with 24-hour surveillance, cylinder lock doors, and a gated property leaves no doubt your goods are secure,” says the manager.
Metro Self Storage is conveniently located 4.5 miles from the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, which includes Carswell Field. The Metro Self Storage team in Fort Worth helps military families find the right storage solutions. Learn more about your storage options in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area.
Metro Self Storage
8717 West Fwy,
Fort Worth, TX 76116
Metro Self Storage
2708 Bedford Rd,
Bedford, TX 76021
Metro Self Storage
413 N Main St,
Euless, TX 76039