Are thinking about moving to Sarasota, Florida?
What do the beach, ballet, and baseball all have in common? We’ll give you a hint … with sunsets that last forever and sugar sand beaches this Garden State city is a popular destination for tourists and retirees alike. We thought so. Whether you are a snowbird researching the best places to retire or want to relocate your family to an excellent school district on the west coast of Florida, the vibrant town of Sarasota has something for everyone.
The town’s population hovers around 50,000, and the Bradenton-Sarasota metropolitan area is ranked as one of the fastest growing metro areas in the U.S. Sarasota is considered to have one of Florida’s best downtowns with dozens of historically significant buildings and interesting neighborhoods surrounding it. Residents enjoy pristine beaches, a range of shopping venues, golfing, expansive hiking trails, stimulating academic offerings, arts and culture, great schools, farmers’ markets, and more.
Start your next adventure by moving to Sarasota, the crown jewel on Florida’s west coast.
The Appeal of Moving Florida
Sarasota is believed to have the most splendid architecture anywhere in the Sunshine State. It also boasts pure white sand beaches, exotic birds and plants, numerous entertainment and recreational opportunities including boating, water skiing, golfing, and fishing.
If you are considering a city in the Sarasota metropolitan area as your retirement home then you probably already know that the experts such as Money Magazine and Fox News constantly rank Sarasota as one of the “Top Places to Retire Young” as well as the “Nation’s Best Small City” and one of the “Best Places to Retire.”
Six Islands are sprinkled over 36 miles of the coastline, giving you plenty of opportunity for fresh air and casual exercise. Retirees have been moving to Sarasota since the 1920’s. Fruitville, Sarasota boasts numerous retirement communities as well as over 30 manufactured homes and mobile home neighborhoods to choose from. The latter comes in handy for those wishing to rent or buy inexpensive homes in the area before moving to Fruitville on a full-time basis.
- Blind Pass Beach: South of Venice but not as far south as Manasota Key, Blind Pass offers, excellent fishing, nature trails, play- grounds a canoe launch, and access to both Lemon Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Lido Key: Situated between Siesta Key and Long Boat Key, Lido Key is one of Florida’s most interesting waterfront locations. It is the hub of elegant dining and high-end shopping St. Armand’s Circle only minutes away from the beach.
- Siesta Beach: Ideally located 20 minutes from Fruitville, this centrally located oasis is home to Siesta Beach, Turtle Beach and Palmer Point Park. It is famous for its sugar white sands, walking running, and people watching as well as canoeing, kayaking and boardwalks.
- Florida’s Venice Beach: A large public beach provides free parking, lifeguards, restrooms and picnic tables in addition to beach wheelchairs that power through deep sand. For individuals with disabilities reclining and floatable wheelchairs are also available from lifeguards.
Museums and Theatres in Sarasota
Sarasota is located on the southwestern coast of Florida and boasts cultural amenities including a connection to the infamous Ringling family, and the Sarasota School of Architecture. Men’s Magazine chooses Sarasota as the best place to live in Florida time and again, and Money Magazine ranks the city highly as well. If moving to Sarasota is on your list of possibilities, you won’t run out of things to do.
- The Ringling Museum of Art
- Bayfront Gardens
- Florida Studio Theatre
- Keating Theatre
- Gompertz Theatre
- Parisian-style John C. Court Cabaret
The Sarasota, Fruitville area, boasts local hospital facilities that have received numerous awards and provide exceptional healthcare services throughout the region: St. Armand Medical Center, Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, Da Vinci Surgical Systems, and Sarasota Memorial Center. Hopefully, your favorite doctor won’t be retiring to or moving to Sarasota anytime soon.
Money Magazine rates Sarasota as one of the “Best Cities with the Best Healthcare Systems.” Sarasota Memorial Health Care System made the “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” list published by U.S. News & World Report, and is one of the “10 of the Largest Safe Hospitals in the U.S.” according to Forbes Magazine.
- University Park Country Club
- Bobcat Trail Golf Club
- Longboat Key Club
- Lakewood Ranch
- The Meadows Country Club
Its beautiful white sandy beaches and 300 days of sunshine each year makes Sarasota an attractive destination for retirees. If you are downsizing or moving to Sarasota, then finding the cheapest self storage units near Sarasota will no doubt be a top priority.
Metro Self Storage offers a self storage solution for anyone moving to Sarasota and the Fruitville area. In addition to friendly and professional service, we are pleased to provide our customers with 24-hour access to Sarasota County storage units 365 days a year. For your convenience, we offer Sarasota boat storage and Sarasota RV parking in Sarasota, Florida.